Now shipping throughout Illinois, with instant delivery in Chicago!

Bruna Pigato “Le Russeghine" '18

Liguria

Bruna Pigato “Le Russeghine" '18

This past Monday's newsletter introduced you to the wines of the Bruna family, in the coastal region of Liguria. Bruna has been around for over 50 years. Riccardo Bruna mastered the steep terraces, carved out stone walled terraces, lined with local varietals like Pigato, Granaccia (a variant of Grenache) and Rossesse. Now his daughter, Francesca, and her husband Roberto are currently at the helms.

The small estate is only 15km from the sea, a forceful influence that is not only breathtaking, but essentially captured in each wine. Bruna's production is small and precious. Working with less than 8 hectares of vineyards, they are farming organically. In our humble opinion, Bruna is THE benchmark producer for Pigato.

Through our Six for Everyday feature, we are pleased to introduce you to a third selection that we haven't highlighted until now. Le Russeghine is a vineyard site that is less than a single hectare of vines, but the vines here are old (up to 50 years old), grown in iron-rich, red, rocky clay soils. This vineyard has been in the family since the 18th century. The Le Russeghine vineyard is located in the hills above the village of Ranzo Borgo to 230 meters above sea level, with a southeastern exposition.

20% of the wine ages in old, large French casks, on its lees for 8 months, with the remaining 80% freshly preserved in stainless steel tanks. The wine features depth and minerality, and all of the Mediterranean feels - ripe, fresh citrus and stone fruit, aromatic herbs and marked savoriness.

Perman

Italy

Details

Producer Azienda Agricola Bruna
Vintage 2018
Format 750ml
Grape Variety Pigato

Acidity

5 / 5

Tannin

1 / 5

Body

2 / 5

Sweetness

1 / 5

Fruity

3 / 5

Funky

1 / 5

In-Store Pickup

To pick up your order, visit us at our Near North location. Due to our limited storage space, orders can only be held in the store for up to 30 days after purchase. If items are not picked up after 30 days, a $10 monthly item storage fee will be charged. Any orders of 2 cases or more will be charged per case. 

Near North

Mon–Fri Noon–8 / Sat 11–7
Closed on Sunday

1167 N Howe Street
Chicago, IL 60610
312.255.8990
orders@permanwine.com

Sounds good!